Come and join TAP-Chicago’s Community Partner – CMAA at their Second Annual Red Party! Wear your favorite red outfit or accessory and enjoy city views from East Bank Club’s fabulous rooftop terrace!
Rooftop party with city views (party inside in case of inclement weather) * 2 Complimentary drinks + Cash bar * Passed hors d’oeuvres * Dinner buffet * DJ music * Red carpet step and repeat * Fun-themed photo booth * Door prizes * Mingle with Chicago’s most influential professionals
Purchase your ticket at http://
Enter Discount code “TAP” to get 20% discount.
Rock Red!: Semi-formal and business formal is suggested dress code and wear red!
Event parking: $5.75 during the entire Red Party fundraiser at the East Bank Club
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is a community-based social services agency targeting the immigrant and low-income community. Learn more about CMAA at http://
Lunar Ball is coming soon! Join us for a Launch Party on Thursday, February 11th as the planning team, community partners, and beneficiaries celebrate the progress we’ve made and look forward to the big event on March 12th!
Attendees will get a sneak peak into Lunar Ball 2016 highlights and have the opportunity to network with community partner members including AACN, Advancing Justice, APALSA, Asquared, CFAA, CMAA, HallyuCon, Hanul Family Alliance, Harvard Club, KACC, Kollaboration, NU-A5, Project: Vision, Social Quarters, TAP-Chicago, TJCCC and UIAAAN!
Trophy Room is one of Chicagolands premier sports bar and is located in the heart of River North! In addition to drink specials and great networking, Launch Party attendees have the chance to win a Lunar Ball VIP ticket and buy tickets at a special price.
Register on Eventbrite by Tuesday, February 9th for free entry, $5 afterward and at the door.
Fabio Hsu Fabio@TapChicago.org
Ethan Hou – Ethan@TapChicago.org
Limited street parking, CTA Chicago Brown/Purple Line or Grand Red Line Stop, many buses.
More about Lunar Ball:
Lunar Ball is Chicagoland’s biggest Asian American gala and fundraiser. Join 600+ of Chicago’s most accomplished and Asian American professionals and friends from over 30 community organizations at the Chicago History Museum for an evening of fun, food, and dancing! The event will include tastings from some of Chicago’s top restaurants, adult beverages all night, cultural performances, DJ, dancing, and an exciting raffle and silent auction. Come join us to have fun, celebrate the year of the Monkey, and support community charities!
Come make a difference in the lives of the homeless by joining other TAP members at Pacific Garden Mission on Jan 9th! Pacific Garden Mission is one of the oldest, continuously operating rescue mission in the country. We’ll be assisting with general housekeeping in the morning and with meal services during the afternoon. The general schedule is as follows:
9AM-11:20AM: Group 1 volunteer shift
Volunteers in this shift will help with general housekeeping.
11:20AM-2PM: Group 2 volunteer shift
Volunteers in this shift will help with meal services.
Please sign up in the following google sheet. We would like to have at minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 15 people per shift. And you’re welcome to sign up for two shifts as well!
Location: 1458 South Canal Street, Chicago IL 60607
Questions? Call or email:
Julia Cao | email@example.com
Dana Yu | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join the TAP-Chicago volunteer team and lend a helping hand/paw to man’s best friends as we walk dogs from the Chicago Canine Rescue! The shelter is a 5 minute walk from the Forest Glen Woods preserve, so this is a great opportunity to get exercise and fresh air while giving back to the community.
Chicago Canine Rescue was founded in 2001 to help find permanent homes for dogs considered too young, old, ill, or have special needs that would otherwise be euthanized at local shelters. There are currently 80 or so dogs at the Rescue that would love to your attention and care!
1. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Photo ID is required!
2. Please fill out Chicago Canine Rescue’s volunteer waiver form
3. All volunteers MUST arrive on time at 11:00am for mandatory orientation and dog handling instructions
4. You MUST register via Eventbrite link below to secure your spot as SPACE IS LIMITED:
Join TAP-Chicago, KACC, and CMAA (Chinese Mutual Aid Association) this Friday to vote early for the mayoral runoff! Asian Americans are underrepresented at all levels of local, state, and national government and it’s important that our community make its voice heard by voting.
LET’S ROCK THE EARLY VOTE!
**Only eligible residents in the City of Chicago can vote**
IMPORTANT VOTING INFORMATION:
1. Must be a US citizen and 18 years old to vote. Check if you’re already registered to vote here: http://www.chicagoelections.com/en/your-voter-information.html.
2. If you’re not yet registered to vote, you can register in-person and must vote on the same day. You must present two forms of ID, at least one of which shows your current address. Find out more details: http://www.chicagoelections.com/en/grace-period-registration-and-voting.html.
3. Can’t rock the early vote with CMAA or need a closer voting site? No worries! You can vote early from now through Saturday, April 4th between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. throughout Chicago. Check here for an early voting site that is convenient for you: http://www.chicagoelections.com/en/early-voting.html.
4. Early voting doesn’t work for you? VOTE on Election Day, Tuesday (4/7) between 6 a.m.-7 p.m. Click below to find your Election Day polling place.
Any Questions? Contact Tuyet Ngo at email@example.com or (773) 784-2900